Besides the digesters, they are the heart of the plant. In order for it to beat perfectly in time, we build innovative cell culture plants in the shortest-possible planning and construction time. They are tailor-made for every possible cell culture process.
Shear-sensitive cells, heat-instable media, limited clean-room space, strict regulations: The challenges with respect to bioreactors are numerous. The tailor-made reactors are used in virtually any imaginable cell culture process:
- Mammalian cells, plant cells, insect cells, viruses cultivated on cells, available with capacities ranging from 30 to 25,000 liters.
- Systems for suspended cells and for adherent cells on micro-carriers are also available.
- Typical vessel geometry: h : d = 2 : 1.
- Shear sensitivity and slow growth rates necessitate special components and special reactor designs: Gas-treatment strategies with gas-mixing stations, surface gassing, bubble-free gassing, slow-running and wide stirrers in broad vessels, and much more.
- Perfusion systems with internal or external spin filters for continuous production can be combined with our bioreactors.
- Not only the cell requirements, but also the process demands must be taken into consideration: A tech core for temperature circuits and gas-mixing stations for saving clean-room costs, sterilization strategies for heat-sensitive media, super skids for cutting down on installation and qualification duration, cooperations with automation system integrators, auxiliary vessels for metering solutions, just to name a few.