Sample Preparation, QA / QC & Analytics
Samples always tend to segregate while being moved and some even while standing still. However, the determination of the exact composition of a large batch or several batches of product often requires homogenization of a number of samples prior to further analysis. In these circumstances, having a highly reliable and reproducible homogenization process in is an absolute necessity – for internal quality assurance and/or regulatory reasons!
The Manual Inversina’s brush insert allows for the mixing of a number of very small containers (such as vials) at once. The 2L and 20L electric Inversina are available with a highly innovative and flexible clamping system that enables the use of virtually any container. Sample preparation is one of the most popular Inversina applications. A few examples of its uses are for:
- Mixing soil samples to determine average pollution and contamination levels
- Mixing grain, corn, or flour samples from a large bulk to determine acceptability for use in food products
- Sample preparation and analysis of pharmaceutical products to ensure patient safety
- Homogenizing samples of metallic powders prior to further processing
- and many more!
- References: We invite you to visit our Testimonials section. Personal references are available upon request.
University of Oklahoma, Mechanics of Advanced Materials Laboratory Equipment List
Surface analysis of powder binary mixtures with ATR FTIR spectroscopy
International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Volume 319, Issues 1–2, 17 August 2006, Pages 13–19
Indicators of pesticide contamination: Soil enzyme compared to functional diversity of bacterial communities via Biolog® Ecoplates
European Journal of Soil Biology, Volume 47, Issue 4, July–August 2011, Pages 256–263