Bacteria and cultures can be very complicated, but the fermentors which we manufacture have grown out of each challenge of microbial fermentation. And indeed they are quite uncomplicated.
Different bacteria have different process requirements - Bioengineering builds the optimal fermentation system for every microorganism.
- Bioengineering designs and builds customized stainless steel fermentors for microbial cultivation (bacteria, archaea, yeast, extremophiles) with capacities from 30 to 50,000 liters.
- Typical vessel geometry: h : d = 3 : 1.
- Oxygen supply, stirrer dimensioning, heating and cooling circuit: These are critical factors for challenging microbial cultures. Often, a high material transition coefficient (kLa value) must be achieved with high power input. Bioengineering can support you with expert knowledge and CFD simulations.
- With over 40 years of experience, Bioengineering develops aeration strategies, ensuring optimal oxygen supply for your microorganism and process.
- Anaerobic or with high oxygen demand, high foam development, bio-safety requirements, high metabolic heat, continuous fermentation, GMP production, high cell density – you name the issue, Bioengineering will come up with the solution.
- Dosage vessels for corrective agents such as acids, bases and anti-foams are standard system features, and are fully integrated into the fermentation system.
- Short heating and cooling periods are a priority for us in order to avoid negative effects on culture media and process duration.